Coconut Curry Chicken Recipe
This delicious Coconut Curry Chicken recipe was featured on our Instagram and Facebook profile. Nicole Loveland did a wonderful job showing us how to create this Indian inspired dish using WellSpices packets! If you want to follow along as she cooks, you can watch it on Instagram or on Facebook. Enjoy and happy cooking!
One large onion, sliced thinly
2 tablespoons of oil of choice
4 tablespoons garlic, chopped
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
WellSpices fresh ground, organic turmeric, 1 teaspoon
WellSpices fresh ground, organic ginger, 1/4 teaspoon
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup chicken stock
Chicken breast, diced
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
WellSpices fresh ground, organic cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon
- Heat a pot on the stove over medium heat.
- Thinly slice 1 large onion. Add it to the pot along with the oil and allow the onion to sweat until translucent (about 7 minutes).
- While the onion is cooking, chop the garlic and tomato. Once the onion is translucent, add the chopped garlic, coriander, cumin, turmeric, and ginger.
- Add fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken stock and tomatoes to the pot and stir to incorporate.
- Allow the tomatoes to soften a bit before adding the chicken. Stir to incorporate. Cover the pot and leave it to simmer on medium low heat for about 15 minutes.
- While the curry is simmering, cook the basmati rice in another pot. Once finished, set aside.
- Add the coconut milk, cloves, and cinnamon to the curry and stir.
- Grab a bowl, fill it up with some rice and your finished curry, and enjoy!
Post and share photos of your delicious creations with us on Instagram and Facebook by tagging us and using the hashtag #CookingWithWellSpices.