Moroccan Fish & Vegetables Over Couscous Recipe
Lindsey Kremin was recently featured as our guest chef, cooking her version of Moroccan fish and vegetables served over couscous, and she served up some helpful cooking tips as well! To cook alongside her, you can find the video on our Facebook or Instagram profile. Below is the recipe so you can prepare for Moroccan deliciousness. Happy cooking!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 bell peppers (red, yellow, orange & green), sliced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp WellSpices fresh ground, organic turmeric
- 1/2 tsp WellSpices fresh ground, organic ginger
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds, lightly crushed
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tomato, skinned and diced
- 1 head of garlic, finely diced
- 1-2 tbsp harissa
- 1 cup of chickpeas (approximately a small can)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp bouillon powder
- 1 bunch of cilantro, washed and dried, roughly chopped
- 4 frozen cod fillet (or any preferred firm white fish)
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Couscous (optional)
- Pita bread, toasted (optional)
- Heat a pot or large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add in the olive oil, onions, and peppers. Sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cumin, paprika, coriander, chili powder, turmeric, ginger, and harissa over the peppers and onions. Be sure to coat them well.
- Add in the garlic and tomatoes, then stir the ingredients well and let simmer for few minutes.
- Add water, chickpeas, and bullion to the pot and stir to incorporate all the ingredients. Cover and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- When 10 minutes is up, uncover and taste your sauce. Add in salt and pepper to taste, and the cilantro.
- Place the fish on top of the sauce and let it cook for about 7 minutes.
- While the fish is cooking, prepare your couscous according to it’s instructions.
- Once the fish has cooked for about 7 minutes, move the vegetable out of the way with a wooden spoon or spatula to allow the fish to sink into the sauce. Use a ladle to scoop some of the sauce on top of the fish.
- Cover the pot again and let it cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Remove your sauce and fish from heat.
- Grab a bowl, make a bed of couscous, and add a nice layer of sauce. Add in a few pieces of fish and your all ready to enjoy your delicious Moroccan meal!
- Bonus: We like to toast some pita bread to serve alongside this dish. Give it a try!
Share pictures of your finished dish with us on Facebook or Instagram. Be sure to tag us and let us know how it tastes!